Materials Characterization and Analysis
Assessing the suitability of materials for new products and processes can be challenging.
- How do I know what to test for?
- How do I determine which tests to run?
- Where can I find a testing facility to “do it all”?
- How do I interpret the results of the testing to make the right decisions?
OFP ENTERPRISES HAS THE SOLUTION FOR YOUR MINERALS AND CERAMIC PROCESSING NEEDS.
The OPF Advantage:
- Our engineers and ceramists will work with you to understand your needs
- Recommend relevant testing based on your materials and processes
- Manage sample handling and submission to BMRC including correlation of reporting for multiple samples
- Extremely competitive pricing
- OPF can offer a simple results presentation or a comprehensive interpretation of results in a written report
- Recommend path forward based on analytical testing results
- Suitability analysis by OPF engineers and ceramists with 50+ years experience
PARTNERSHIP WITH CLEMSON UNIVERSITY’S BISHOP MATERIALS RESEARCH CENTER
The Bishop Materials Research Center (BMRC) is a nationally recognized analytical and properties testing facility specializing in ceramics and minerals.
OPF and BMRC have partnered to provide the highest level of quality, comprehensive analytical testing for OPF clients – BMRC conducts more analytical testing for OPF than for anyone else.
Available Analytical Testing
- X-Ray Diffraction for Mineralogy
- X-Ray Fluorescence for Oxide Content
- Loss on Ignition
- Carbon and Sulfur Content
- Crystalline Silica Content
- TCLP Leaching for Waste Disposal
- Optical and Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Mass Balance
- Thermogravimetric Analysis
- Simultaneous Differential Thermal Analysis with Evolved Gases
- Specific Gravity
- Particle Size Distribution
- Specific Surface Area (BET)
- Pore Size Distribution (Mercury Intrusion Porosimetry)
- and many others