Our formulation and testing laboratory, located in Houston, TX, is where we perform formulation research and testing , raw material research, and product development, as well as proppant testing per current ISO and API standards.
Areas of Expertise
Toll Processing – From ounces to pounds to hundreds of pounds, OPF can toll process your supplied materials to the next stage or to a finished product.
- Particle size reduction-wet and dry grinding to micron size
- Dispersions – Wet and Dry
- Intensive Mixing of dissimilar materials and small concentrations
- Forming-Wet and Dry
- Calcining and Sintering-oxidizing and reducing atmosphere to 1600 C
- Pulverization of Sintered Products-Wet and Dry
Raw Materials – global selection & sourcing, process qualification, and property testing. (More about Raw Materials)
Formulations – ceramic tile bodies and glazes, structural ceramic products, proppants, and technical ceramics. (More about Ceramic Formulations)
Kiln Firing Evaluations –
– kiln curve optimization & test firings. We have several kilns 1600C in oxidizing, neutral, and reduction atmospheres.
Proppants – design, formulation, batching, property, and performance of ceramic proppants and frac sand. (More about Ceramic Proppants)
Dry and Wet Processes – OPF has multiple laboratories for developments in the dry and wet process of agglomeration and granulation. (More about our Wet Lab)
Analytical Testing – OPF can assess the suitability of materials for new products and processes in our state of the art testing lab. (More about our Analytical Testing Lab)
To discuss your needs and how we can help, contact us.
Click on any photo below to enlarge and view all photos in slideshow.
Use < > arrows to scroll through slideshow.
Click X at upper left to exit slideshow.