Raw materials and minerals are the source and birth of virtually all ceramic formulations. They may be mined on your property, purchased in their native state or found in processed form with a wide variety of properties. The OPF team has extensive experience in international sourcing of raw materials in any of these forms.
- Improved performance
- Lower cost
- Replacement of obsolete or soon-to-be-unavailable minerals
Our ceramic laboratory has a full suite of physical testing equipment, processing equipment, and sintering kilns for testing of materials either singly or in a formula.
- Particle sizing
- Optimal thermal processing
- Material interactions
- Performance testing including strength, porosity, and specific gravity
We partner with Clemson University for material properties through testing by x-ray diffraction, x-ray-fluorescence, differential thermal analysis / thermogravimetric analysis, scanning electron microscope, and other sophisticated testing.
Along with OPF’s extensive materials knowledge, the above capabilities allow:
- Characterization of your materials
- Characterization of sourced raw materials
- Rapid sourcing of new raw materials
- Acquisition of raw materials at favorable pricing
Click on any photo below to enlarge and view all photos in slideshow.
Use < > arrows to scroll through slideshow.
Click X at upper left to exit slideshow.