Let OPF help you determine if you have Frac Sand or evaluate your current Frac Sand. Our Houston, TX based ceramic lab has all the equipment and capabilities to test your sand to all API / ISO standards.
Key Properties of Good Quality Frac Sand
- High-purity silica
- Grain size and distribution i.e. 20/40, 30/50, 40/70 and 100 mesh (50/140)
- Rounded and spherical shape of the grains
- Acceptable crush strength at defined stresses
Why Frac Sand Testing with OPF?
- Cost effective
- ISO / API Standards
OPF can take your raw sample and prepare it for API / ISO testing in our lab. In preparation we wash, attrition scrub, and dry.
OPF also has the ability to apply Resin Coatings to proppant. OPF Works with the world’s top Resin producers to assure your sand is matched to the best fit resin available.
Why Apply Resin Coat to Proppant / Sand?
- Extends the applicable stress range of the substrate
- Encapsulates crushed proppant fines preventing fines migration
- Spreads reservoir stress on proppant pack over larger contact area
- Protects the substrate from drilling and fracturing fluids including acids (HCI :HF)
- Increases conductivity
- Stabilizes proppant at near-wellbore for maintaining proppant during production
- Minimizes embedment to increase fracture width
OPF’s ability to apply resin coatings using a planetary style mixing unit with heated jacketed vessel promotes a consistent mix and standard temperature control with every batch.
Types of Frac Sand Testing by OPF
- Acid solubility
- Bulk density
- Crush test – all sand classes
- Sieve analysis
- Specific gravity
- Sphericity and roundness
- Decline rate preparation for conductivity testing
- Resin melt point and LOI